Type “best natural testosterone booster on the market” in any search engine and what you get are thousands of ads and websites of products claiming to be the ultimate test boosters of all times. Needless to say, very few of these products work as well as advertised. So how do you pick the best?
Why Even Care About Your Testosterone Levels in the first place?
Well, before we move on to looking at how to pick the best natural test booster, I thought it wise to quickly look at different aspects of testosterone, to understand what it is, and its role in your body.
Most men think of testosterone only as a sex hormone, and I can forgive you for this if you are one of them, but the fact is, it affects you in very many other ways than just sex drive. What makes choosing a test booster even more confusing and difficult is if you don’t understand what such boosters can do for you. There are some men who even confuse testosterone boosters’ with Viagra’, it can’t get any worse than that. For now, let’s just blame such confusion to adverts that bring across sexual drive’ as the only primary area that these boosters can improve; and move to the following broader view.
14 Ways Testosterone Impacts Your Body
1) It enhances your body strength
2) It helps to create more lean body muscles
3) It helps prevent weight gain and fat accumulation
4) It enhances your sex drive
5) It helps you sustain harder and more stimulating erections
6) It enhances cognitive focus and improved mental clarity
7) It plays a role as an anti-aging hormone through limiting cortisol production
8) It increases stamina and energy
9) It helps battle depression and boosts your moods.
10) It helps boost your immune system and red blood cells production.
11) It controls blood sugar
12) It regulates cholesterol
13) It optimizes the flow of oxygen throughout your body
14) It helps shed body fats.
Now, I don’t know about you, but the first time I started researching about this topic, some years back, I had no clue that testosterone had all these benefits on so many areas of our physical, emotional and mental well being.
Anyway, we can now move back to our topic of how to find the best test booster on the market’
As with all other products, there are good ones, and the not so good ones, and when it comes to health products, this is the line you want to draw very clearly. So, what do you look for when searching for the best natural boosters for your testosterone?
1. B-Complex Vitamins: They help in converting food into energy and increase testosterone by enhancing fat and protein metabolism, which is critical for hormone production
2. Ginseng: It has been used for ages by Native Americans and traditional Chinese cultures as a male aphrodisiac and natural stimulant. Numerous studies have shown that ginseng increases testosterone production, and also improves energy and alertness, which is vital for effective workouts.
3. Fenugreek: Just like ginseng, Fenugreek has been used for thousands of years and it is widely accepted that this is one of the most potent libido boosters and aphrodisiacs known to man, with the natural ability to boost testosterone.
4. Mucuna Pruriens: This is a rich source of L-Dopa; a precursor to dopamine. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter responsible for mood and happiness, and also triggers the body to increase production of testosterone.
5. Oyster Extract: I bet you didn’t see this coming. Oyster extract was frequently used in traditional Chinese cultures to boost fertility. This is due to the high level of zinc that it contains; which takes us to our next ingredient.
6. Zinc: this is one of the most studied and well understood testosterone boosting supplements. Numerous studies have repeatedly shown that zinc supplementation increases a man’s testosterone significantly.
7. Vitamin B6 – it helps suppress estrogen, which in turn increases male hormone production.
Some take-way precautions
Ingredients: There are literally hundreds of ingredients in T-boosting supplements out there; most of them are effective, while some are potentially harmful. Top three on my list of harmful ingredients include;
· Dehydroepiandrosterone ( DHEA): Banned by the world doping association as it has been closely linked to prostrated problems
· Licorice – Not harmful per se, but several tests have proven that it can actually reduce testosterone production.
· Bulbine Natalensis /Prolensis – Research has revealed that it can be harmful to your kidneys and liver.
Side effects: use of T-boosting products can cause a whole host of side effects if not carefully chosen. These may include liver damage, sperm count reduction and growth in breast tissue. However, natural T-boosting supplements do not have any of these side effects. One more reason to consider natural T-boosting supplements.